Alpa Pandya Talks About The Type of Goals You Need To Go For to Achieve Success
In this episode of Enlightened Entrepreneur Podcast, Alpa also talks about how to work with a mentor, how to set goals and overcome roadblocks.
Key Questions Asked:
- How did Alpa get started with coaching?
- How did talking to a mentor impact Alpa’s results?
- What should business owners look for when they are trying to find a mentor?
- What is an example of universal laws that are in line with the coaching program Alpa facilitates?
- What type of goals should business owners go after?
- How does Alpa set goals?
- What were the roadblocks or challenges that Alpa felt she could have avoided?
- What is the right mindset for a business owner or an individual to have when working with a mentor?
Highlights of Lessons Learned:
Teaching People How to Go For the Right Goals
- The first thing Alpa asked her coach was “How much is it gonna cost me?” Her coach responded, “What does it matter how much it’s gonna cost you.. What is it gonna cost you if you don’t do it?”
- We live our lives by our five senses and we make our decisions based on our bank balance. But what we fail to understand is that our bank balance isn’t going to stay in a minus figure permanently, we can change that bank balance.
Learning From a Mentor
- Early on, Alpa had learned a lot from Bob, one of the things she learned is that sometimes you do need to take a pay-cut in order for you to reap the rewards elsewhere.
- There’s no secret, but there’s a system. As soon as you know that system – that there’s a science behind success – and once you understand that you can implement that, things are gonna start changing.
Why Work With A Mentor
- Nobody ever did it alone, you have to have somebody who can show you the way.
- Go to somebody who can show you and demonstrate it by results how to achieve what it is that you want to achieve.
- The only difference between successful person and a non successful person is your mindset.
- Everything in this universe vibrates, if you put your hand out right now, it’s not still it’s moving, everything moves. Therefore, we are moving in a vibrating world. The vibration that you’re putting out is what you’re attracting back to yourself.
Type of Goals to Go After
- Goals are broken down into A type, B and C type goals. A lot of people would go for an A class goal. But A type goals are those goals that you’ve already achieved, something you already know how to do. That’s not gonna stretch you in any way. That’s why it’s the wrong type of goal to go for.
- Most people move on to B type goals, the kind of goals where you’re going sideways instead of moving upward and onward. These are the type of goals where people get bored because there’s no motivation. You’ll set yourself up to plan, but sooner or later you get demotivated, life gets in a way and you decide that you don’t want to go after that goal. That’s also a wrong type of goal.
- The type of goals that Alpa works with are C type – which helps you achieve your dreams.
- A weak goal generates weak results. A goal you haven’t thought through is a weak goal. It could deliver exactly what you don’t want.
- A worthy goal is joyfully formed and articulately expressed and it’s the most crucial steps towards creating the results that you want. Alpa and her team helps people to clarify their goal with absolute position.
How to Set Goals
- It’s important that you harmonize your goals clearly, once you’re fully aligned with the natural flow of these sources, then you can prepare yourself for an influx of opportunity and abundance unlike anything you’ve experienced before, but you’ve got to be crystal clear about what it is you want.
- If you’re not clear about your goal, if you’re not clear about your vision, then you could end up getting something that you didn’t want.
- You’ve got to be careful what you’re asking because you will get exactly what you asked for.
- Roadblocks always come but you get better in dealing with them. The bigger you stretch yourself, the bigger those roadblocks are gonna be.
- You have to have order in your mind and be very clear about what it is that you want in your life.
- If she were to go back, Alpa would have surrounded herself with good team to help her build her business.
- Alpa didn’t really have too many roadblocks because she had a great mentor to go to.
- Two of the few for roadblocks that Alpa faced earlier on was not knowing where to get the right people from and how to build the right team around you. If you don’t have the right team, your business can fall apart.
The Right Mindset When Working With a Coach
- You’ve got to be coach-able. There are a lot of people out there that are looking for coaches but they think they know it all. If you’re not willing to take direction then you’re going to fail. You’ve got to be a good leader, and a good follower as well.
- You also have to have good value of time.
- You have to be open to the information that the coach is teaching you. You have to be open to the way that They’re teaching you because that’s really the key, you’ve got to be open to new information whether you may not have heard about or agree with it.