Brandon Loures on SEO: Self Implementation vs. Hiring an Expert
Have you ever tried implementing SEO strategies on your own? Or maybe this is the first time hearing about this? Wherever you might be, and whatever your business might be, you have to know about SEO and why hiring an SEO specialist is the best decision you will ever make when it comes to attracting more customers into your website. In this Episode of Enlightened Entrepreneur Podcast, SEO expert Brandon Loures talks about his struggles and triumphs with SEO and what business owners should do if they want to get started with implementing this strategy.
Key Questions Asked:
- How did Brandon get started with SEO?
- How did he get his very first client?
- What is the most challenging thing he’s had to face earlier on and how did he deal with it?
- How did Brandon deal with doubt in those early days?
- What is the first skill every business owner needs when it comes to implementing SEO strategies?
- What is the secret to success with SEO?
- What tools do Brandon use to help him with SEO?
- What is the role of Social Media when it comes to SEO?
- Why hire an SEO consultant?
- Knowing what he knows now, what would Brandon do differently given the chance to start all over again?
Highlights of Lessons Learned:
- When you’re starting a business, you need to have both the relational capital and financial capital. Relational capital may be even more powerful than financial capital. Brandon got his first clients through capitalizing on his network.
- Brandon found it challenging to transition from working with a team in an agency to working by himself and having to manage his time a lot more efficiently. To get around that, he had to look into his organization and started using tools such as CRMs.
- First thing business owner needs to understand is the search landscape. Because SEO is all about what people are searching, Brandon recommends that business owners should read books that talk about the beginner’s guide to SEO.
SEO Tools and Secrets
- The secret to SEO is having a foundation of good content that covers the main topics of your services on your actual website.
- One of the tools that Brandon likes to use is HARO or Help A Reporter Out. SEO is not only about what your website says but also what other people say and HARO is a tool that you can use to get media queries.
- When you’re creating a content for your website, keep the social aspect in mind.
Must-know About SEO
- If you don’t have a good understanding of SEO and your goal in your business is to get more visibility, you should go ahead and hire an experienced SEO consultant.
- Going back to the beginning, Brandon wishes he would have known how important search engine partners are. Given that chance to start again, business to business relationships is something that he would’ve started earlier. Another thing he wished he has done more was read business books that talk about his specific industry.
- Good SEO consultant would be able to look at your analytics and can help you make decisions like whether or not you should offer a certain service in your area.
- SEO involves a lot of research that can be valuable for decision making in business.