Clay Green Reveals 3 High Performance Habits All Successful People Have Mastered
How can you increase your performance? What does it take to create a successful business? In this episode of Enlightened Entrepreneur podcast, Clay Green, a high performance adult trainer from Oregon, shares three important habits you need to master in order to reach your greatest potential in your chosen field.
Key Questions Asked:
- How did Clay get to where he is today?
- What habits should business owners need to acquire if they want to succeed?
- Why is it so important for business owners to have quiet time?
Highlights of Lessons Learned:
- When you hit that plateau, you have to be sensitive enough to recognize it and do something to change it. Successful people go out and seek help to get to the next level and to keep progressing.
- Clay helps people understand how their brains are physically wired by the environment and how that limits us. Even with all the high performance habits and tactics available to you, if you can’t apply it because you’re limiting yourself and your subconscious is stopping you, you can never move forward. Clay’s passion lies in helping people understand how their brain works so that they can take those steps and make a difference in their own lives.
3 High Performance Habits
- Go meditate. There are an infinite number of ways to meditate. Do whatever it takes to start and continuously develop a meditation habit.
- Actively keep a journal. Physically put, pen to paper or pencil to paper kind of journaling. Block out at least five minutes of your day every day.
- Express Gratitude. The number one easiest thing to journal about every evening is write down 3-5 things that felt great that day.
Why is ‘Quiet Time’ Necessary?
- The brain is more powerful than anything in the planet, you will never ever be able to tap into the full power of that brain unless you start now by developing meditation habit.
- Your subconscious wants you to never ever move, it wants you stationery. So anytime you go to make a change in your life, such as build a business, start an old habit, or break an old habit – any kind of change is going to be faced with resistance if you don’t do it right.
- If you set your goals inappropriately, your subconscious is going to try and stop you, if you set it properly, your subconscious is actually going to enable and empower you to go get those goals.