Elliot Carlyle Reveals Key Secrets to Personal Branding
“Great brands have personality. They have attitude, they have value ,and they have belief, and I think that if you can define what your personality is, what your attitude is, why people value you, and why people should believe in you, I think that’s a recipe for success right there.”
In this episode of enlightened entrepreneur, a renowned business owner, fashion expert and successful mentor, talks about the importance of personal branding and how to establish authenticity and unique reputation in your chosen niche.
Key Questions Asked:
- What is Elliot’s background and how did he get to where he is today?
- How did he establish his personal brand?
- How he get his very first client?
- How does Elliot market his business?
- What is his personal motivation that keeps him going when things are not going so well?
- What advice would Elliot give to business owners who want to establish their own brand?
- What is the first thing they need to consider?
- Why is it necessary that they do this as a first priority?
- What is the second thing that business owners need to have?
- Where does Elliot see the maximum effect of doing what he’s doing?
- What is one thing he wished he knew when he was just getting started?
- If he were to start all over again after knowing what he knows now, what would he do differently?
Highlights of Lessons Learned:
- If you have a goal that you set out to achieve, it doesn’t matter how you get started.
- Because of social media, Elliot was able to get a picture of what he could do and what opportunities were available that weren’t necessarily mainstream at the time he was getting started.
- Elliot believes that if you know what your brand is and you’re sure of who you are, then you’ll be able to dictate everything that you make and it will actually send out as your marketing message because it’s what you own, it’s a part of what makes you unique.
- Elliot’s motivation is the people he works with and those he works for. He finds value in being entrusted with peoples’ business ideas and dreams and to know that he has the ability to have dreams happen, which, for him, is very powerful.
Things to Consider
- Define your personality and your attitude.
- You have to have influence. Belief and value is where inference arrive from.
- The effect of what Elliot does extends to both online and in person.
- The biggest thing is be authentic. Authenticity is powerful and so essential to business.
- The best thing to do is to find your place of authenticity and then maximize on being authentic, maximize on your difference in that way you’ll be able to know that what you have is actually something that you built off of you and not what someone else is doing.
- If there is one thing that Elliot wishes he had known earlier on, it would be to set his price and charge what he’s actually worth.