Katie Christy Talks About Three Easy Skills Every Start-up Business Owner Must Acquire
In this episode of Enlightened Entrepreneur Podcast, finance expert, Katie Christy shares important points of her journey as an entrepreneur, particularly how she got started after having to basically put her dreams on the back burner for a couple of years in order to support her husband who is serving in the military. Katie helps businesses, organizations and individuals to make the most out of their natural talents, to make sure that they are activating, finding those talents and leveraging them in a more meaningful way.
Key Questions Asked:
- What was it like for Katie to put her dreams aside in order to support her husband?
- What advice would Katie give to people who are feeling like they are having to put their dreams aside?
- After leaving her dreams behind for a little bit, what had to happen to finally get to where she is today?
- What is the number one skill that business owners need to develop in this journey of entrepreneurship?
- In her experience, what makes people don’t want to be adaptable to a situation and how can they change that?
- What is the second skill business owners need to develop?
- Looking back, what has produced so much result in Katie’s experience?
- What type of mindset do business owners need to cultivate if they’re going to succeed in this journey of entrepreneurship?
- If she were to do it all over again after knowing what she knows now, what would Katie do differently?
Highlights of Lessons Learned:
- There are two ways Katie makes connections, the first one is to take advantage of and maintain her network people in the army which reach across the country and even across the world. The second is by putting herself out there as often as possible by attending local events, joining meetups that she sees on Linkedin and just any organization that she feels drawn to.
- Number one skill that business owners must have is grit and adaptability.
- What makes people not adaptable is not having the emotional intelligence or the ability to think outside themselves and put themselves in their client’s shoes.
- According to Tony Robins, the reason why people don’t change is because they fall so much in love with their product than they do with their customers.
- In order to change, they will need to open up their mindset from an outward based approach and really look inward.
- Another skill that Katie believe is really important for business owners to develop is the emotional intelligence or being able to go into a situation and really feel the mood of the room and their customers.
- What produced the most result for Katie is putting positivity out in the environment. According to her, when you have a giving mindset it comes back to you a hundredfold.
- As a business owner, you have to be able to brainstorm and see a better brighter future because of your contributions.
- In the beginning, Katie felt like she had to have all the answers before starting out on her journey. But looking back, Katie said she wouldn’t have been hesitant to start and to continue learning by experience and by taking more coaching sessions.
- According to Katie, it’s good to spend time with yourself and remember what it was that you loved to do as a child because those are the clues to the things that we should be doing as adults.