Improve Your Digital Marketing Game With These Tips From Linda Waterhouse
What else can you do to boost your online presence? Linda Waterhouse helps small business owners gain clarity, take action and increase revenue with digital marketing solutions. In this episode of Enlightened Entrepreneur Podcast, she shares important tips business owners need to know and other skills they need to have in order to succeed in today’s market.
Key Questions Asked:
- How did Linda get into this world of digital marketing?
- How is she picking up new clients?
- What is the attitude or the mindset one has to have in order to succeed with networking events?
- If she were to start all over again today, what would Linda do differently?
- In her experience right now, what is something that really works in her business?
- What skills do business owners need to have in their business in order to succeed in digital marketing?
- What aspect of digital marketing have higher rate or return in terms of time or money?
- Where does Linda see a lot of business owners make mistake when it comes to the digital marketing today?
Highlights of Lessons Learned:
Building Online Presence
- One of her first tests was to get more leads and get more clients. Linda recommends any business owner to look around and start joining some local business networking.
- Going in to these networking meetings, a wise business owner can’t go in there just to sell. Instead, you need to come from a place of “How can I help other people?”
- Digital marketing is only one piece of a pie, you need to have multiple ways of finding clients.
- Given the chance to do it all over again today, Linda would have focused more on building up her email list, which would have been her primary focus instead of just going out and meeting people and not doing anything about it.
- There are only two things we really own in the digital marketing space, one is our website and the other is our email list.
- Building your website is like building a store but then the marketing is what turns out the light on the store.
Skill Set and Strategies
- The first digital marketing skill that entrepreneurs need to have is the knowledge of how to make a simple website or a landing page in order to have a home base. You can either do your website through a free website building tool or hire somebody to do it for you.
- The second skill is figuring out what they want to say and not to be afraid to spread the word, which means if you’re whispering your marketing now, you need to get a megaphone and really get that marketing out there.
- Business owners also need to know what types of keywords or keyword phrases that their clients are typing to search for people like them and they need to figure out ways how to incorporate that into their websites and a whole list of other activities which is – in general – called search engine optimization.
- E-mail marketing has the highest return on investment. It was revealed that for every dollar spent on email marketing, there’s an average of $40 to $44 in return on investment.
- The biggest mistake Linda sees is that business owners don’t do enough with digital marketing, a lot of people would put their website up and then would fail to maintain the site.